Dieting Struggles....
B (my hubby) and I are trying to maintain a healthy eating "lifestyle" not just "dieting". CrossFit is really big into Paleo and Zone Diet. B has done most of his research in Paleo and really likes how it sticks with the basic foods that God gave us to eat (plus its a lot easier than all the planning with the Zone). I love the principles behind Paleo, but I sure do love my pasta, rice, and cheese; so I of course have my daily struggles.
After almost 4 weeks in this new year of working out and eating right, I have only lost 2 lbs and 2 ozs. I was starting to get really frustrated. People have been trying to encourage me that with all this new hard core working out with CrossFit, I am probably building lots of new muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Thus, as I gain muscle and lose fat, my weight isn't really changing much. But the fact of the matter is, I am a good 20-30 pounds overweight, so this is not a good enough excuse for me!!
My mother is also very big into health, fitness, and nutrition and she seems to think that with my new Paleo meal plan, I am not consuming enough calories in a day, and thus actually starving my body. So, after going through my daily meals, she and I have figured out some changes that still fit mostly with Paleo that should give me my minimum of 1200 calories I need.
I journal this in my online diary, because I want to see if I start to notice a difference in the next few weeks. I hope this change will help me to achieve my goals. Thank you for any encouragements during my journey!
*If you are interested in anything I have discussed, here are some links to give you more information:
http://thepaleodiet.com/
http://www.paleodiet.com/
http://www.zonediet.com/
i randomly clicked on your post in FB and i'm glad i did, i've been looking for a 'healthy' diet that will get me on track and off of the fatty, greasy, junky food i eat. I'll check out the 2 you posted. And i've noticed the same issues with weight- i could see my stomach getting a little bit smaller but i never really lost any weight, and it was because of the working out, so don't lose hope, i bet youre making more progress than you realize!! keep up the good work and god bless :)
ReplyDelete