Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grilled Turkey Piccata w/ Broccoli




Grilled Turkey Piccata

2 lemons (3 tbsp lemon juice)
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Turkey Breasts (ours comes in a package of 2 really thick breasts)
1 tbsp parsley (fresh is obviously better, but I used dried)

Shred peel from one of the lmons to make 1 tsp lemon peel (or I have a jar of dried lemon peel). Halve and squeeze lemons or just use lemon juice.  Fresh is always going to better, but time is always an issue for me!
In a small bowl combine lemon peel, 2 tsp olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.  Rub onto turkey breasts.  Grill turkey about 6-9 min each side, or until no longer pink.  You can add thin lemon slices on top for extra lemon zest while grilling. 

You notice there are noodles in this meal.  This is not a necessity, the turkey is amazing on its own.  We use Quinoa noodles to add to this dish.  You can use vegetable noodles or even spaghetti squash if you like.  The sauce we add to the noodles is the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley, warmed up and drizzled over top.

We ate this dinner with your basic broccoli.  Nothing special here.  I add a little butter, salt, and pepper for some flavor and microwave till tender.

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum! Sounds delicious! I can never find turkey cutlets, so I'm going to try it with chicken breasts. I love to use my microplane zester from www.microplane.com. If you're going to use lemon juice from a real lemon, you may as well use the zest--it's so easy! Have you tried the vegetable noodles yet? That sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete